We are currently open to review requests. Please read through all our review policies before reaching out to us.
GENRES WE REVIEW:
Young Adult Fiction
Middle Grade Fiction
- We read and review on this blog almost every Young Adult and Middle Grade genre, including contemporary, historical, fantasy, science fiction, paranormal, horror, mystery/thriller, and a limited number of non-fiction titles
Some Adult Fiction
- We are a little more discerning with our New Adult and Adult fiction selections as we focus mainly on titles that have cross-over appeal.
- We do review self-published books, but we are very picky about what we can accept.
GENRES WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING:
- Although, we do read and review adult non-fiction books, we are not currently accepting requests to read this genre because it is so vast.
FORMATS WE ACCEPT:
- physical copies (ARC or finished)
- digital copies (ARC or finished) - kindle format is greatly preferred
- We are on Netgalley and Edelweiss
PLEASE INCLUDE IN YOUR REVIEW REQUEST:
- the title, summary, cover image, and release date
- publishing information
- author bio
- preferred review post date
WE ARE ALSO OPEN TO:
- blog tours of books we are excited about
- author interviews with authors whose books we are reviewing
- giveaways of books we are reviewing
- guest blogging on other blogs or guest bloggers with interesting and relevant topics
OUR REVIEW POLICIES:
If we accept your book, we will do our best to review it in a timely fashion. We cannot agree that we will read it and post about it immediately. If you have a time in mind, please communicate it in your request. If no time is agreed upon, we will review the book when we choose to do so. We have a long list of books and appreciate your patience!
We reserve the right not to finish your book. Not all books are a good fit for us or our blog. In the unlikely event that this happens, we will email you and let you know that we will not be reviewing your book.
All of our reviews give our honest opinions about the books we read, and we don't love every book. That said, we do our best to be professional and courteous on our blog. We recognize that a book that doesn't work for us may be a good fit for someone else, and we try to communicate this in our reviews.
Please remember that we are not paid to review or blog.
- Fill out our contact form on the right hand side of our blog
- Email us at jp.intellectualrecreation (at) gmail (dot) com
- Find us on Twitter, Goodreads, or Instagram using the buttons to your right